HisservantAl

My mission is to honor and serve my Sovereign Father God as I move into the calling Holy Spirit has revealed to me. I've been blessed with musical talent to worship our Lord. And I've been given a forerunner annointing and authority to pray for nations. In this season, I am ministering to the nations of Ukraine and Russia as God leads. I am happy to share with you these wonderful victories for His Kingdom as they unfold.

Name:
Location: Plymouth, Massachusetts, United States

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Greetings from Eastern Ukraine

My ministry here in Eastern Ukraine has brought some surprises. I knew that Donetsk and the other Eastern regions were different politically. But I realize now being here several days that in some ways it is drastically different from the rest of Ukraine. But I am at peace knowing it is all part of God's plan.

I arrived in Donetsk city by train early on Monday morning greeted by Pastor Peter. He will be my host for the next week, taking me to orphanages church meetings, etc. Fortunately I was also met by Rhema, my translator. We visited three orphanages this week and it was awesome. I was privileged to preach the Gospel in a Christian orphanage and in a government-run orphanage. Praise God, about 45 children confessed Jesus as their Lord and Savior!! Another team from America arrived mid-week and we went with them to a 2nd 100-child government-run orphanage. A real blessing for the American team was that I had Russian Bibles with me. They were very well equipped with teaching supplies and small gifts. In fact they had a room full of stuff! I also purchased fresh fruit for the kids. The American leader, Tony said that the one thing he didn't have in his budget was money to buy Russian Bibles and he really wanted to give them to 15 kids graduating this month. So when he learned that I not only had Bibles, but I had a box in the trunk, he was excited. "Can I buy them from you?” he asked. No" I said, "I got them for free. You can have as many as you want." The woman across the table, Nancy began to cry. "God knows our needs!" "Amen." I said, "What a joy it is to serve Him!"

Now for a surprise or two: Early in the week I explained more to Pastor Peter and his wife, Natasha. I guess they really didn't understand what my friend Pastor Viktor told them about my mission. Basically, I said I want to preach in orphanages in Eastern Ukraine, especially near the Russian border. Pastor Peter began to explain how different things are in the Eastern regions. First of all, the government tells the orphanages who they can have preach in their orphanages and who can't. Who can, is the Russian Orthodox Church. Who can't is anybody else. It took me a while to get this. He went on to say that the Communist Party and the Mafia Party (Yes, these are real political parties seated in Ukrainian Parliament) have much power and influence here. Even though Ukraine has a Christian President, the regional or local government has more influence on what actually happens here. So the bottom line is that I would have to present to the government a program in advance outlining what I was going to teach and what entertainment, gifts, etc. I would provide. Then I could go in and visit children and do this program - as long as I did not mention the words, "God," "Bible," or "Jesus." Again, the only ones allowed to speak those words in a government-run orphanage here in Eastern Ukraine is the Russian Orthodox Church. There is a way around this however. Pastor Peter says you do a program as they ask, and then when you are done you can divide the children into smaller groups and then informally plant some good Christian seeds. But for me, this can not happen, because it takes at least a week to submit a program proposal and get approval. So this left me very disappointed at first, because I know God wants me to minister here. But I realize this is just a call for prayer - intense prayer, for this is a spiritual battle and God must pave the way first.

So I have begun to pray and I ask all of you to pray also. And I am already putting the word out for my next trip this fall where I will be recruiting both prayer warriors and those who love to teach children to join me for 1 or 2 weeks.

The large orphanage with over 300 kids in Amvrosiivka, that I really wanted to preach in, I will not be able to go there. But here's a good surprise: Tony and the American team have an approved program at this very same orphanage and will be there on Monday, May 19th and the will be brining some of my Bibles!! Is God Grand?!!!

I end with a great story of a church building that was dedicated today at an all day conference. Pastors and Christians from 3 or 4 regions were present to bless this building which was just purchases. We walked the outside of the building asking God to bless it. They say it used to be a nightclub full of drunks! But now it is a house of prayer and worship! It's a big building, too.
Praise God for this victory!!

Blessings from Donetsk,

His servant Al

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home