HisservantAl

My mission is to honor and serve my Sovereign Father God as I move into the calling Holy Spirit has revealed to me. I've been blessed with musical talent to worship our Lord. And I've been given a forerunner annointing and authority to pray for nations. In this season, I am ministering to the nations of Ukraine and Russia as God leads. I am happy to share with you these wonderful victories for His Kingdom as they unfold.

Name:
Location: Plymouth, Massachusetts, United States

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Familiar Orphanage: New Souls for Christ

Hello all interested readers,
I am doing very well. I spent 4 nights in Zhitomir, 1 day in Kyiv and one day in Cherkassy so far. In Zhitomir I visited 2 orphanages yesterday. Pastor Viktor and his team prepared an awesome puppet show for the children which was very well received. In the larger orphanage of all girls in Novo Borova, most have some type of mental handicap. Seven girls repented and prayed for Jesus to come into their hearts. Praise God!
We gave out about 90 Russian New Testaments, and many pens, notebooks and bracelets; we also gave the girls in Novo Borova each new pair of socks.

Today, I have very good news. My translator Alex and I were very well received by the director of the orphanage here in Cherkassy. Her name is Bondar. She remembered me and also got my email that I sent (early 2007) after I returned home . She said she read it to the children. I was so happy. None of the same children that were there then are here now because this is a transitional orphanage. This means more opportunities for Salvation! Today about 8 older children confessed Jesus as Lord and asked Him to be Master of their lives - and 10 or 12 younger children also confessed Jesus as Lord. I also gave out some Bibles and promised a Bible (new Testament) for each staff person. The director thought they would like that. I will return for at least one more day and bring more Bibles. But please pray that the packages of Bibles (and teaching supplies) I ordered for this region will arrive. (I've been using Bibles left over from Zhitomir.)

This is a great start here in Cherkassy, but I still have not made contact with the big orphanage in Posilanovka about 50 km from here (the "big fish" from 18 months ago). Please pray that I can get in there and preach the Good News!!

Also pray for me when I go to Donetsk region. Eastern Ukraine is less open to Christian and Western European thinking in general. A lot of old Soviet beleifs still prevail there. But I know God can break through any barrier - social, political, economic, spiritual or otherwise. Pray for protection, revelation, breakthough, salvation and Kingdom Power!!

Thank you.
In Jesus Name,
Al

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home